Saturday 17 January 2015

What a year...

2014 you were awesome. 

I'm going to be blogging more regularly this year (I promise!) but I guess we've got some catching up to do first. Here's a little round up of the past year and some of my highlights...




























In October, Jan (Gemma Rock'a'frilly) and I took a little road trip to Sheffield and visited Five magics tattoo. I had wanted to get my foot tattooed for the longest time! Kelly Smith designed a heart locket with a rose for me. I got a key on the inside of my ankle too and I'm so happy with them! It was well worth the pain and the swollen kankle. Jan had a beautiful lighthouse design on her arm. We finished the day with a visit to an awesome rum bar.
































The Halloween Lucky Dip bags went down a storm! I adore Halloween and I love that you guys get so excited about it too. 

On the 7th of September Ant took me to Pevensey Castle for our Anniversary and THIS happened!!!

















It was the perfect day and the perfect surprise. I can't wait to marry my best friend in October this year! Squeeeeeeeeeee! 

I volunteered at Raystede the animal rescue centre again in the summer. They're an amazing independently run charity and are committed to rescuing and rehoming lots of animals. 

















I wanted to take an entire litter of Westies home! Some very kind people gave me Ice lollys while I volunteered out in the sunshine. 

Jan and I headed to Falmouth in August to visit my good friend Joe. We stopped off in Dorset, visited Monkey World and stayed in an awesome B&B called the old mill. We found a little village pub and befriended the locals & their dogs.

















































We stopped in Turo to visit Lucy and the fabulous BMM shop, where we picked up more of her treasures. 
Falmouth is so beautiful! We stayed here for a couple of nights before heading home. It was awesome spending time with Joe and Jan exploring the town. On the way home we stopped off for a Sunday roast in the Witchy town Burley in the New Forrest. 



In July Cheap Frills sponsored the Blogcademy London Mixer event! 
I designed these 'dream big' necklaces for the event goodie bags.

I hit 5000 followers on instagram.

Jan and I decided we were sad enough to get friendship tattoos, so In June we got these little pretties by EJ at Angelic Hell Brighton...
Love letter tattoos! Mine is on my ribs and Gemmas is on her wrist. 


I was delighted to see the lovely Louise enjoying her Cheap Frills Mood Ring in a sprinkle of chatter vlog! 

In April I went to see Bayside AND Alkaline Trio (the same show!!!) in Portsmouth. It was SO good. 

I met a lovely woman called Paula who I worked with at her studio in Sussex making silver earrings and charms. In July I made my very own ring designs in pure silver! The castle is my favourite.



 Watching Ant and his friend go swimming in March made me smile. 

Cheap Frills advertised in the beautiful Vintage Life Magazine

It was the year of the goodie bags.





A huge thank you to everyone who has supported me and my little online shop this year. I can't wait to see what 2015 brings! 

Georgia x





SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Looks like you had an awesome year! Hope 2015 brings you even more love and fun times! Those rings you designed are incredible! I'd totally buy the castle and shell rings! Love the blog - keep the posts coming!

    Sophie Elizabeth
    Popcornandglitter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetheart. I really want to make more in silver this year, I also want to blog more for sure! Hope you have a brilliant year too doll x

      Delete
  2. Your rings are amazing! I really want to buy them!

    louleecutie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! They were the first ones I made :) x

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the proposal :)
    Really nice post, look forward to more!

    Meme xx

    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/ (Hope to see you around on my blog <3)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 2015 to you too lovely! Thanks for stopping by :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tattoo's are so so pretty and congrats on getting engaged!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I wasn't really into colour tattoos before but I adore them now :) Have a fabulous 2015 doll x

      Delete
  6. what a great look back at 2014, looks like youve had an amazing year! :)

    http://xclarebearx.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare! I loved looking through the photos and remembering all the laughs and good times! Here's to 2015 x

      Delete
  7. Major tattoo love!! And congrats on your engagement lady :) 2014 looked like an awesome one for you, hope 2015 is the same! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks my dear, I adore your inks doll, especially your tin man swooooooon! Happy 2015! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow you've had an amazing year! your tattoos are gorgeous and i bet your wedding will be fabulous too

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Helen! It was a really positive fun year for sure. Lots to plan for the wedding but I'm super excited! Thanks for stopping by doll x

      Delete

  10. Great important post, where you make the main focus, really makes me happy for its necessary of importance.

    ReplyDelete

© Cheap Frills | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig