Monday 28 December 2015

The Whirlwind Year

2015, you will be missed.

What an incredible journey this year has been. Planning our wedding, and buying our first home has been amazing and I feel so incredibly lucky. It's been a crazy juggling act though, running the business whilst organising these two huge life events. 
Here's a little look back at just a few of my favourite things from 2015... 
I was lucky enough to secure a space working alongside an established jeweller to develop my (basic) silversmithing skills. She taught me so much over the few weeks that I was there, and although I was unable to attend her Autumn sessions (wedding etc) I am keen to join her again in the future. 
A Moonstone ring I made in the Spring. 
The retro Magic 8 Ball necklaces FLEW out within hours of going online. I loved these nostalgic necklaces and i'm so glad you liked them too. 
My friend (and Graphic Designer) Robin Crosby drew up my idea for the new Cheap Frills logo. I wanted it to capture the brand whilst keeping the 'CF' wax stamp a key feature. I chose a hand because it's got a timeless feel, and I also felt it kept things versatile. I am able to alter the design slightly for specific events or times of the year. What do you think of it? 
The most incredible event of 2015 was (of course!) our magical wedding day on the 2nd of October. 
We were so incredibly lucky with the weather; the sun shone all day and it was super warm too! 
That's the trick- Plan for a cold Autumn wedding and you'll get summer sunshine. 

The lovely ladies from Doris Loves provided temporary tattoos to our guests.
The incredibly talented Alison Russell  hand cut cameo silhouette momentos. She's amazing! 
We also enjoyed music (banjos!) from Dan Stewart  and close-up magic from Spencer Wood
Our Cake was made by choccywoccydoodah. I decided on all white to give it more of a 'wedding cake' feel, and orange roses to compliment our theme. 
After our big day, we headed to the New Forest for some much needed relaxation. 
It was then back to business! I worked through all the Halloween orders and caught up on emails etc. I adore October and it's always one of the busiest times of the year for my jewels. Robin drew up a Halloween zombie version of the new logo too. 
And finally, just when we thought things couldn't get any more crazy.....
We are having a baby in June! 
To say that I'm excited for 2016 is an understatement. 
I just cannot wait for the next chapter and what life has to offer next!
Thank you for supporting what I do and for enjoying my jewellery creations. I love being part of this positive growing online community. You guys rule! Wishing you all an amazing 2016. 

Georgia x 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cheap Frills | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig